Become A Certified Personal Trainer
AFNA’s Fitness and Nutrition Trainer Academy. We Care About Your Future.
A Career in Fitness is a rewarding choice. Your education at the American Fitness and Nutrition Academy (AFNA) will help you transform lives, starting with your own. If you’d like to make fitness and nutrition a lifelong passion, then we’d like to be part of building your future.
Demand for qualified personal trainers is at an all-time high. Fitness is a multi-billion dollar industry with no signs of letting up. The U.S. Department of Labor projects that growth in the field of personal training will continue at an annual rate of 13% through the year 2022.
AFNA created the Fitness and Nutrition Trainer Academy Program in direct response to what fitness employers and clients really need: Certified Personal Trainers who are confident, experienced, and able to retain personal training clients from the start
Is a Career as a Personal Trainer Right for You?
Take the AFNA “Personal Trainer Career Training Readiness Quiz”
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training
and positions you’re best suited for.
Get Your Personal Trainer Career Training Readiness score now!
- 600 Hours of Real Instruction and Training
- Day or Evening Class Option
- Elite ACSM Certification
- Graduate in just 8 Months!
- Financial Aid (FAFSA) Available
- GI Bill and MyCAA Eligible
- Job Placement Assistance
Stand Apart From The Crowd
AFNA is not a self-study program or an online school. Your classes are taught by attentive, charismatic instructors who possess top industry credentials and years of experience in the fitness profession.
Our focused personal trainer classes, combined with instructor-supervised hands-on exercise training, prepare you for success like no other personal trainer program can.
Elite ACSM Certification
Established in 1954, the American College of Sports Medicine is the largest sports medicine and exercise science organization in the world. You will be learning from the same curriculum that is taught at over 90% of the nation’s university-level exercise science programs.
Stand apart at the top of your field with AFNA and the ACSM!
Become An AFNA Body Mechanic: Learn What’s Under The Hood.
- Modalities of Strength, Flexibility, and Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- Client Fitness Assessment and Testing
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science
- Performance Nutrition and Bioenergetics
- Weight Management Strategies and Metabolic Calorie Planning
- Training Special Populations (Youth, Older Adults, Perinatal, and more)
- Cardiovascular Disease, Obesity, Type II Diabetes, Arthritis
- Hands-On Client Training Program Design
- Motivational Coaching and Adherence to Exercise
- Corrective Exercise Training
- Group Exercise and Athletic Performance Training
- Business of Personal Training: Best Practices for Client Retention